George Drexler Foundation
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate, Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 31/03/2021 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The aim of the George Dexler Foundation is to enrich the educational experiences of younger people by assisting particularly gifted or talented students who are in need of financial support. Grants are awarded to support individuals in full time undergraduate or post graduate education.
Value of Award
Applicants can apply for a bursary within the range £500 to a maximum of £2,000.
- Individuals are invited to apply for financial bursaries to support a recognised educational course in the UK.
- In assessing applications the Trustees wish to identify and assist particularly gifted or talented individuals who are struggling to support themselves financially through university or college.
- It is a strict requirement of the Foundation that applicants are UK citizens and that a personal or family link with commerce must be established for an application to be considered. To qualify either the applicant, the applicant’s parents or grandparents must have worked in or owned a commercial business. This does not include professional people i.e. doctors, accountants, architects, solicitors, etc. Supporting documentation may be required.
- Please note: the Foundation will not fund medical electives, volunteering, study abroad or gap year projects.
How to Apply
The Foundation accepts applications between 1 December and 31 March each year.
Full details of the application process can be found on the George Dexler Foundation website.