Tan Ean Kiam Postgraduate Scholarship in the Humanities (TEKPS)
- Level of study
- Doctoral research, Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 30/05/2021 (Note: competition closed for this year)
TEKPS is set up in commemoration of Tan Ean Kiam, father of the late Tan Tock San who was the founding chairman of the Tan Kah Kee Foundation. Tan Ean Kiam (1881-1943) was a famous banker and community leader in pre-war Singapore. Tan Ean Kiam served on the boards of numerous Chinese schools as chairperson and director; he donated generously to education.
The Tan Ean Kiam Postgraduate Scholarship in the Humanities (TEKPS) seeks to encourage Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents to pursue their Master's or PhD degrees in fields relating to the Humanities.
Value of Award
Successful applicants will each receive a one-off sum of S$12,000 for studying in the university. The scholarship is given out once a year, and successful applicants may re-apply annually.
This scholarship is highly selective. Applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Singaporean or Permanent Resident of Singapore.
- Outstanding academic record (a good Honours degree or equivalent).
- Strong interest in and commitment to serving the community.
- Effectively bilingual.
Qualified applicants may apply irrespective of race, religion, age and gender.
How to Apply
Tha application form, along with the full details of the application process, can be found on the Tan Kah Kee Foundation website.