Finance information

Find out how to pay your University tuition and accommodation fees, find further opportunities for funding and begin your search for part-time work.

The annual tuition fee is stated in your offer letter (or, occasionally, the cost per ten credits is quoted). 

Paying your fees
Looking for funding?
Part-time work

Paying your fees

Payment can be made as a single payment or in instalments by direct debit. Further information on how to pay your tuition fees can be found on the website:

If a deposit is a condition of your offer, the amount should be deducted from the tuition fee payable when you register. 

You can pay by single payment option, or by Direct Debit instalments.

Single payment options

We recommend the following payment options for your convenience:

  • Credit/Debit Card or PayPal
    You will receive a confirmation email followed by a receipt on University letterhead paper.
  • Direct Bank Transfer
    We partner with Western Union to offer this service, which captures your details and keeps you updated on payments being sent to us.  If you are an international student you can use local or recognised currencies to see the actual cost online as well as other integrated payment options such as UnionPay.
  • We also offer a single payment option of cheque or draft.

Payment by instalments

You can choose to spread the cost of your tuition over monthly or termly instalments by Direct Debit only. We offer either a termly or monthly plan that commences from the start of the academic year.

  • To be eligible to pay by instalments, you must have a UK bank account that accepts Direct Debits. If you are unsure of the type of account you have please check with your bank or building society.
  • Please note that if you join the University part way through an academic session and choose to pay by Direct Debit you will join the scheme at the next convenient payment date.  
  • If the total of your Direct Debit plan is greater than £9,500 a non-refundable interest charge will be applied that will not exceed 1% above the base rate of the Bank of England (currently 0.25%) at the time of the instalment plan application, this is a total interest charge of 1.25%.
Set up your fee payments

If your fees are paid by a sponsor/employer 

If your tuition fees are being paid by a company, a government department, an educational institution or an employer, please complete the sponsor information form.

It is important that you complete and submit this form to us before you register for your programme in order for an invoice to be sent to your sponsor. If you do not complete and submit this form it will be assumed that you will be paying the tuition fees yourself when you register.

Please note the University does not recognise bank loans, family members or friends as sponsors, and in such cases we will consider you as self-funded and you will be responsible for the payment of your tuition fees when you register.

Complete the sponsor form

Are you looking for funding?

Navigating the different sources of funding can be challenging, so we have created a postgraduate funding database to help you learn more about the different awards available to you.

You can filter your search by your level of study, subject and nationality, which means that the results will be of the most relevance to you.

You will also find information on the UK postgraduate loan, which is available for Masters study.

Search for funding and scholarships

Working while you complete your degree

One of the primary means of supplementing your finances while studying on a postgraduate programme is by taking on part-time employment. There are several ways in which we can help you to finance your postgraduate study through paid work.

Jobs, based in the Guild of Students, can help you find part-time employment. Hundreds of vacancies are advertised online. Postgraduate students are very welcome to drop in and discuss their employment needs with Jobs staff. 

Worklink, based at the Guild of Students, operates alongside the Jobzone to provide students with on-campus casual work opportunities. These jobs can range from working at hospitality events to conducting market research or representing the University at recruitment events. You can register with Worklink once you have registered with the University as a student and received your Student ID number.

Visit Worklink