A PhD is recognised as both training towards a career in academia and preparation for a higher-level non-academic job. Skills gained from completing a PhD including project management, analytical and communication skills, which are valued in both fields.
Whatever path you choose to take as a postgraduate researcher, we are here to offer guidance and support in all aspects of planning your next step. Our resources include:
- Alumni biographies and talks to learn more about their career journey;
- Resources for writing industry or academic specific applications, CVs and cover letters;
- Up to date information about the PhD labour market;
- Career planning guide;
- Job searching resources both for roles within academia and non-academia;
- Training and skills development workshops for postgraduate researchers;
- Access to Vitae, the careers and research development resource for postgraduate researchers.