The Birmingham Master Scholarships will be available to students who are:
- Domiciled in the UK or EU — students recorded as Home or EU for fee status purposes are eligible, provided that they meet the other eligibility criteria;
- Studying full time, lasting 1 or 2 academic years or part-time, lasting 2 to 4 academic years;
- Self-funded — you must be self-funding or applying for a postgraduate government loan to pay your fees and living expenses;
- Not already registered on a postgraduate programme — applicants must not currently be enrolled on a postgraduate degree course;
- Undertaking a Masters course in an eligible subject
Eligible courses include the following, delivered at our Edgbaston Campus or by distance learning.
- MA (Taught)
- MSc (Pre-reg)
- MSc (Taught)
Please note that MA/MSc by Research and MRes (combined taught and research) programmes are not eligible.
Award nomination will be based on the following criteria:
- Academic achievements and previous study
- Professional qualifications and achievements
- Strength of the personal statement