Café PhD for College of Engineering and Physical Sciences
- University House - Room G05
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops
Café PhD is an informal social event designed to enable anyone interested in postgraduate study to network with current PhD students.
If you are interested in starting a PhD then our Café offers you the perfect opportunity to:
- Hear current students talk about their research, and tell you what it’s really like to be a postgraduate at Birmingham
- Discuss any questions that you have about postgraduate study in a relaxed and social atmosphere
- Get advice on the application process, writing your research proposal and sources of funding
Come along to find out more about studying a PhD in the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences. This includes Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Metallurgy and Materials, and Physics and Astronomy.
Our Café PhD will generally begin with a panel of PhD students discussing their current course with questions welcomed at any point before an open Q&A. With plenty of refreshments throughout the event and use of the venue to network with fellow students, it's a good opportunity to explore postgraduate study.