Train to Teach Roadshow
- Great Hall - Aston Webb Building
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences, Students, Teaching
Find out everything you need to know about teacher training at our Train to Teach Roadshow. This event offers a brilliant opportunity to get all of your questions answered by a range of teaching professionals.
During the event, you’ll get the chance to:
- Attend a presentation on the different teacher training options – these will take place at 16:00 and 17:00.
- Speak to teaching experts to receive advice on your training options – please check your eligibility for teacher training before coming along to this event
- Receive personalised advice on your UCAS application – don’t forget to bring a copy of your personal statement with you
- Talk to practising teachers about life in the classroom
- Meet representatives from schools and universities that deliver teacher training in your region to find out about their courses and entry requirements
The event operates on a drop-in basis so you can arrive and leave at any time. However, we recommend allowing at least two hours to make the most of your visit and the wealth of information available.
The schedule for the day is as follows:
- 15:00 Exhibition and advice lounge open in the Great Hall
- 15.30 talk in Elgar Concert Hall (Bramall Building): 'Routes into teaching' – Department for Education
- 16.30 talk in Elgar Concert Hall (Bramall Building): 'Why train at the University of Birmingham?' – Frances Child, Head of Department of Teacher Education at the University of Birmingham
- 17.30 talk in Elgar Concert Hall (Bramall Building): 'Routes into teaching' – Department for Education
- 19:00 Event closes
This event is in partnership with FindAMasters.