Sinclair Lecture and Seminar 2015
- Arts Building - Main Lecture Theatre
- Wednesday 2 September 2015 (09:30-19:30)
Corpus Linguistics: Pattern, Variation and Change
To celebrate fifty years of research in English Language at the University of Birmingham, we invite you to a day-long seminar devoted to corpus linguistics and its current and future applications.
Registration: registration for the seminar has now closed.
The 10th annual Sinclair Lecture
Our distinguished lecturer this year is Professor Ute Römer (Georgia State University, USA). The title of the lecture is: ‘Corpora, Constructions, Collaboration: providing new insights into the use and acquisition of verb patterns in English’
Keynote seminar speakers:
- Professor Nick Ellis (University of Michigan, USA)
- Professor Susan Hunston (University of Birmingham)
- Professor Michaela Mahlberg (University of Birmingham)
Seminar speakers: Dr Rosamund Moon; Dr Nicholas Groom; Dr Paul Thompson; Dr Mel Evans; Dr Caroline Tagg.