We have a high level of equipment for studies of environmental pollution, both in our well equipped laboratories and for field measurements, as well as our mesocosm facilities at the Environmental Change Outdoor Laboratory (ECOLaboratory, Wolfson Glasshouses) and our research forest (BIFoR).
Our sampling instruments are operated world-wide and we have developed the Birmingham Urban Climate Laboratory through deployment of dense instrumentation of the West Midlands conurbation.
- Omics facilities
- Air-pollution labs
- Daphnia facility
- Drosphila facility
- Plant growth chambers etc.
- Glasshouses (Biosciences, Winterbourne)
- Wolfson glasshouses with climate control for BIFoR
- LPJ-GUESS Dynamic Global Vegetation Model
- 100 Plastic rivers database (forthcoming)