Catalyst funding for pump-priming projects is available to support academics in bacterial vaccinology to explore new approaches and strategies to advance their vaccines in partnership with LMICs and industry, and acquire the data to support substantive funding applications.
The catalyst funds are flexible, typically up to £50,000 and expect to provide deliverables within 6-12 months post-award. The BactiVac Network will be able to provide additional advice as to where to access follow-on funding and how to progress the project.
Round three: The opening of the call for proposals for our third round of catalyst funding will coincide with our next Annual Network Meeting 20 & 21 March 2019, further details will be published on our website in due course and promoted via twitter. Follow us @BactiVac using the hashtag #BactiVacFunding.
Round two: NOW CLOSED
- Applications opened: Wednesday 15 August 2018
- Applications closed: 12 midnight (GMT) on Sunday 14 October 2018
- Notification of funding: Thursday 31 January 2019
- Funding available: From Thursday 28 February 2019
How to apply: The next call for proposals will open at our next Annual Network Meeting 20 & 21 March 2019 and more information will be available on our website leading up to this event.
This catalyst funding scheme will be run up to August 2021 with calls for proposals prioritising projects that:
- Facilitate onward progression of bacterial vaccines along the pipeline to licensure
- Offer robust solutions to overcome the difficult preclinical to clinical transition
- Involve BactiVac partnerships, particularly new partnerships, with a long-term work plan
- Include LMICs and/or industrial partners
- Have realistic plans in place to demonstrate intellectual property (IP) has been considered
- Include plans for achieving further substantive funding at the end of the project
How to apply
Applicants will need to be members of the Network to be eligible to apply. The allocation of funding will be decided by the Network Management Oversight Board (NMOB) and findings reported at the Annual Network Meetings.
Catalyst funding is promoted via Twitter – Follow us @BactiVac using the hashtag #BactiVacFunding.
Pump-priming projects supported in Round 1 are highlighted in 'Funded Work'.
View the Pump-Priming Projects Application Form
Read the Pump-Priming Projects Guidance Notes
Read the FAQ Guide for Pump-Priming Projects
Read the Standard Terms and Conditions