Catalyst funding is available to support training opportunities and exchanges, prioritising those involving LMIC members and academic/industrial partners, for the transfer of knowledge and skills in bacterial vaccinology.
Up to £6,000 per awards is available and the training visit is expected to be up to three months in duration. The aim of this funding scheme will be to support members to train in vaccine research & development (R&D), targeting the main preclinical to clinical area of focus for BactiVac.
Key dates: round one
- Applications open: Monday 26 February 2018
- Applications close: Sunday 22 April 2018, 12am midnight (GMT)
- Notification of funding: By Friday 1 June 2018
- Funding available: From Friday 1 June 2018
This scheme will be run up to August 2021 with calls for proposals likely to focus on:
- Opportunities for both UK and LMIC members - bilateral exchange supported to foster reciprocal relationships between BactiVac members
- Key skills gaps within an LMIC, academic or industrial partners institution
How to apply
For detailed information please refer to the Training Awards Guidance Notes and Training Awards Application Form.
Applicants will need to be members of the Network to be eligible to apply. The allocation of funding will be decided by the Network Management Oversight Board (NMOB) and findings reported at the Annual Network Meetings.
Dates and details of future funding rounds will be published on our website and promoted via twitter. Follow us @BactiVac using the hashtag #BactiVacFunding.
Please download our BactiVac Catalyst Funding flyer to circulate and/or display within your organisation.