- 320A Haworth Building (Y2), Centre for Computational Biology Large Teaching and Meeting Room
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Research
The second in a series of CRUK Centre and CCB bioinformatics workshops will focus on;
RNA-seq analysis Workshop
Run by Dr Boris Noyvert, CRUK Centre Bioinformatician and Dr Archana Sharma-Oates, Bioinformatics Research Fellow
Workshop on ChIP-seq data analysis coming soon.
The workshop is limited to 25 participants.
A preliminary outline for the second workshop:
1. Introduction to RNA sequencing.
2. Presentation by Celina Whalley and Claire Bryer from the sequencing facility.
3. RNA-seq analysis steps and data formats.
4. Hands-on data analysis in R: differential expression analysis with DESeq2 Bioconductor package
Laptops will be provided by the CCB.
Prerequisite - Familiarity with R is expected for the hands-on part of the workshop.
If you don’t have any experience with R and are interested to participate in the hands-on part of our workshop you are strongly advised to go through the online version of the Software Carpentry in R workshop, run by the Research Computing team.
Register for the Bioinformatics workshop here.