- The Body Politic, Bucharest, Romania, 2017: From 30 August to 2 September the biennial EAHMH conference took place in Bucharest, organized by President Octavian Buda. The conference sought to foster discussions about how historians have considered the role of power and politics in the construction of medical knowledge and was welcome to over a hundred papers from contributors all over Europe. It was the first time that the EAHMH conference was held in Eastern Europe and thanks to a wonderful organisation it was a great success!
Cash and Care, Cologne, Germany, 2015: From 2 to 5 September 2015 the biennial conference of the EAHMH took place in Cologne, Germany – organized by President Heiner Fangerau and colleague Maria Griemmert. In between the inspiring keynotes of Paul Unschuld, Virginia Berridge, Nancy Tomes and Wendy Kline, participants explored the conference theme ‘Cash and Care: Economics and Values in the History of Medicine and Health’ in a great number of intriguing papers and panels. Thank you Heiner and Maria for another wonderful EAHMH conference!
- Bodies Beyond Borders: The Circulation of Anatomical Knowledge, 7-9 January 2015.
In January 2015, the Research Group, Cultural History since 1750, will organize a conference on the circulation of anatomical knowledge: Bodies Beyond Borders. More information and a full programme can be found on the Ku Leuven website: http://www.arts.kuleuven.be/cultuurgeschiedenis/bodies-beyond-borders
- 2014 Conference, Kingston University, London Nursing History: a work in progress, 9 July 2014 For further details, please download the Nursing History Call for Papers
- 2014 Conference, Sydney, Australia Quarantine: History, Heritage, Place, 14-16 August 2014. For further details, please download the Call for Papers
- Risk and Disaster in Medicine and Health, Lisbon, Portugal, 2013.
All smiles from the deck of our conference yacht; (from left to right), John Harley Warner (Yale), Arlene Keeling (Virginia), conference keynote Barbra Mann Wall (Penn) and Jonathan Reinarz (Birmingham; Secretary EAHMH).
Lisbon Conference host, Professor Laurinda Abreu, on yet another legendary EAHMH boat trip. Picture by J. Reinarz
- Body and Mind in the History of Medicine and Health, Utrecht 2011
Thank you to everyone who attended the EAHMH conference in Utrecht. Pictures from the conference can be found by visiting this Google album and pictures from the Boerhaave performance can be viewed this Flickr album.
- Risk and Disaster in Medicine and Health (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Global Developments and Local Specificities in the History of Medicine and Health, (Heidelberg/Germany, 2009)
- Environment, Health and History, (London/UK, 2007)
- Cultural History of Health and Beyond, (Paris/France, 2005)
- Health Between the Private and the Public: Shifting Approaches, (Oslo/Norway, 2003)
- Health and the Child: Care and Culture in History, (Geneva/Switzerland, 2001)
- The Healthy Life: People, Perceptions, Politics (joint conference of the EAHMH and the International Network for the History of Public Health)
- Coping with Medicine, Law and Human Rights - Historical Perspectives,(Castelvecchio/Italy, 1997)
- Coping with Sickness: Perspectives on Health and Health Care, Past and Present,(San Feliu/Spain, 1995)
- Coping with Sickness: Science, Culture, Professions, (Lunteren/Netherlands, 1993)