The Fellowship and Grants Academy has compiled a list of online resources that may be helpful for early career researchers.
- EMBO – EMBO aims to support talented researchers at all stages of their careers, stimulate the exchange of scientific information, and help build a European research environment where scientists can achieve their best work.
- Gateway to Research – UKRI website providing data about successful grant and fellowship applications including size of grant, project abstract and technical summary.
- Research Professional – A helpful online database of research funding opportunities and research policy news which provides a quick and easy way to search for a wide range of funding opportunities from research councils, charities, and many other funders.
Career Development and Support
- An Academic Career – This award-winning resource from the University of Manchester contains advice and information about career paths, job searching and making applications.
- Careers in Research – Career stories from researchers compiled by Research Councils UK. Each story includes the individual’s CV, salary information and an interview.
- Elsevier Early Career Resources – Career development resources from the publisher Elsevier. Includes a series of webcasts on topics including publishing, ethics, reviewing and grant writing.
- Jobs.ac.uk Career Development Toolkit – A helpful toolkit for developing reflective practices to encourage career development.
- Nature Jobs – An extensive career toolkit including information sheets on CVs, presentations, mentoring, salaries and more.
- Vitae – Advice on career planning with CV samples and career stories, as well as access to the Research Development Framework (RDF) – a framework of skills designed to help researchers identify the professional skills they have, and need to cultivate. Vitae also offer training opportunities and an annual free research staff conference.
- Applied Health at Birmingham ECRAG – An early career researcher community within the Institute of Applied Heath offering online advice and support alongside events and meet-ups.
- ECR Chat – Blog and international twitter community for early career researchers. Features weekly themed chats which are also summarised in the blog.
- PERCAT – PERCAT aims to foster a group identity among Postdocs and Early Career Researchers and promote Postdoc and Early Career Researcher participation in decision making processes at the University of Birmingham.
- The Research Whisperer – Blog for early career researchers with international contributors. Features contributions on topics such as applying for funding and networking.