GCP in a Laboratory
- Face-to-face training session - location will be provided to delegates upon registration
- Tuesday 12 December 2023 (09:30-12:30)
For further information please contact CRCT.
An interactive, face-to-face workshop for staff who work in laboratories that process/analyse human tissue samples for Clinical Trials of Investigational Medicinal Products (CTIMPs). The session will provide an introduction to the Human Tissue Act and GCP in the Laboratory standard and an overview of the applicable UoB Standard Operating Procedures.
Aims and objectives:
This training session will help you to:
- Understand the different categories of clinical research
- Identify which regulators and legislation apply to those different categories
- Know which laboratory standard is required for your research
- Know how to achieve that standard and where to find guidance
You will be a researcher or a member of professional services staff involved in the laboratory processing and/or analysis of human samples for CTIMPs. You would like to gain a better understanding of the GCP in the laboratory and Human Tissue standards and their practical application in the laboratory.
Please note this training course is only open to University of Birmingham Staff and Postgraduate Students.
Why this course:
This is a half day, face-to-face, interactive workshop. Attendees will participate in workshops that will consolidate their learning and allow time to discuss how they will apply what they have learnt to their practices.
- "A really helpful and clearly presented session"
- "The course is very well structured and helpful. In particular, I found it very well explained the meaning of relevant material, the law that regulates it and its full pathway: from consent to storage"