As all aspects of internationalisation are increasing dramatically, our college has put great emphasis on the international engagement to promote our college’s research and education excellence in the world.
College International Engagement Oversight Group (CIEOG) has been established since October 2011 to review, support and develop the College’s international engagement strategy and to ensure overarching the University’s International Strategy and Strategic Plan.
In order to strengthen our college’s international engagement, country’s champions were identified from our leading academics within the college in the establishing partnerships with designated international territories, namely China, Brazil, the United States of America, India, Africa, Australia Europe and champion for U21.
Our International Project Officer offers the key contact in the college to facilitate international engagement, to provide advice, expertise and support to academics, administrative colleagues on international partnering activities.
- We provide the first contact point for our college's staff and our existing and potential partners worldwide and coordinate activities.
- We are committed to build strategic international partnerships that enhance the college's international reputation and competitive advantage in research and education.
- We support, develop and monitor international engagement across the college in existing and new markets, in particular activities relating to research, business links and city region partnerships.
- We monitor and review existing partnership arrangements for research collaboration and student recruitment, with particular focus on balance of markets and subject discipline and maximising opportunities available via existing networks such as U21.
Champions for different continents
- Africa: Professor Arri Coomarasamy
- Australia: TBC
- Brazil: Dr Jorge Caamano
- China: Professor KK Cheng
- Europe: Professor Wiebke Arlt
- India : Dr Paramjit Gill
- USA: Professor Jane McKeating
- U21: Professor Damien Walmsley
International Engagement: contact: Dr Junying Jia
E:email@example.com T: 0121 414 9097