Title : In silico in vitro and in vivo models for nerve tissue engineering
Speaker: Dr Rebecca Shipley
Date: Thursday 7th November 2019, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: tbc
Title : Mathematical modelling of sperm motility and other healthcare problems
Speaker: Prof. Dave Smith
Date: Thursday 21st November 2019, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: tbc
Title : Receptor nanodomains and beyond: lessons from single-molecule microscopy
Speaker: Prof. Davide Calebiro
Date: Thursday 5th December 2019, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: tbc
Title : tbc
Speaker: Dr Jinming Duan
Date: Thursday 19th December 2019, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: tbc
Title : tbc
Speaker: Dr Zoë A. E. Waller
Date: Thursday 16th January 2020, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: tbc
- Title : Non-invasive brain stimulation in humans
Speaker: Dr Joseph Galea
Date: Thursday 4th July 2019, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: Learning Centre UG05
- Title : From UoB To MoD
Speaker: Dr Lois Bright
Date: Thursday 20th June 2019, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: Chemical Engineering G35
- Title : A Cognitive Architecture for Knowledge Representation, Reasoning and Interactive Learning in Robotics
Speaker: Dr Mohan Sridharan
Date: Thursday 6th June 2019, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: LC-UG09
- Title : Augmenting the vision of the endoscopist: seeing early cancer in a new light
Speaker: Dr Sarah Bohndiek
Date: Thursday 9th May 2019, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: LC-UG07
- Title : Improving Orthopaedic Interventions
Speaker: Dr Sophie Williams
Date: Thursday 11th April 2019, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: LC-UG07
- Title : Mixing Water, Transducing Energy, Shaping Membranes: Far from Equilibrium Biological Interfaces
Speaker: Prof Atul Parikh
Date: Thursday 21st March 2019, Time: 3.00pm, Biosciences 301
- Title : Cleaning with Bubbles: Using Acoutistic Cavitation in Dentistry
Speaker: Dr Nina Vyas
Date: Thursday 14th March 2019, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: LC-UG07
- Title : Myths, Mysteries and Science of Edible Bird's Nest
Speaker: Professor Lee Soo Ying
Date: Tuesday 5th March 2019, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: LC-UG09
- Title : Polymer Bionics for Bridging the Device Interface
Speaker: Dr Rylie Green
Date: Thursday 28th February 2019, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: LC-UG07
- Title : Scale-up and Sustainability for Large and Small Microfluidic Laboratories
Speaker: Dr Maiwenn Kersaudy-Kerhoas
Date: Thursday 14th February 2019, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: LC-UG07
- Title : Probing Biological Nano-structure with Topological Data Analysis and Single Mole
Speaker: Dr Jeremy Pike
Date: Thursday 31st January 2019, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: LC-UG07
- Title : Theranoastic Nano Toolbox: See it & Treat it
Speaker: Dr Hirak Patra
Date: Thursday 24th January 2019, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: LC-UG07
- Title : Electrically Stimulating Advancements in Medicine
Speaker: Dr Frankie Rawson
Date: Thursday 17th January 2019, Time: 1.00pm, Venue: LC-UG07
- Strategies for bedside mapping of brain function with high-density diffuse optical tomography
Speaker: Professor Adam Eggebrecht
Date: Thursday 15th March, 2018, 13:00 - 14:00
- Biomedical materials and their multiscale characterisation
Speaker: Gowsihan Poologasundarampillai
Date: Thursday 11th January 2018, 13:00 - 14:00
- Photonic Crystal Enhanced Microscopy: A New Tool for Cell-Surface Quantitative Imaging and Digital Resolution Biomolecular Diagnostics
Speaker: Prof Brian Cunningham
Date: 29th November 2017 - 2.00pm Venue: Mechanical and Civil Engineering G33
- Proton Computed Tomography, Why, What, How?
Speaker: Dr Tony Price, University of Birmingham
Date: 23rd November 2017 - 1.00pm Venue: Mechanical and Civil Engineering G33
- Using Physics to Understand Cancer
Speaker: Dr Raf Van De Plas
Date: 14th November 2017 - 10.00am Venue: Chem Eng 124
- Using Physics to Understand Cancer
Speaker: Dr Daniel Frankel, University of Newcastle
Date: Thursday 1st June 2017 - 1.00pm Venue: Bio-E102
- Can We Engineer Biology
Speaker: Dr Daniele Vigolo, University of Birmingham
Date: Thursday 18th May 2017 - 1.00pm Venue: Bio-301
- Unlocking Gene Expression and Repair by Tracking Single Molecules in Vivo
Speaker: Professor Achillefs Kapanidis, University of Oxford
Date: Thursday 27th April 2017 - 1.00pm Venue: Bio-E102
- The Discovery & Development of Highly Selective β1-Adrenoceptor Antagonists: A Safer Treatment for Patients with Concomitant Cardiovascular & Respiratory Disease?
Speaker: Professor Barrie Kellam, University of Nottingham
Date: Thursday 30th March 2017 - 1.00pm Venue: LC-LG14
- Designing biomaterials to mimic the function of antifreeze proteins for cell cryopreservation
Speaker: Professor Matthew Gibson, University of Warwick
Date: Thursday 9th March 2017 - 1.00pm Venue: Mech Eng G29
- Adventures in medicinal chemistry
Speaker: Professor Mark Searcey, University of East Anglia
Date: Friday 17th February 2017 - 1.00pm Venue: Learning Centre LG14
- Modeling brain circuitry over a wide range of scales
Speaker: Professor Pascal Fua, Ecole Polytechnique, Paris.
Date: Thursday 12th January 2017 - 1.00pm Venue: Mech Eng G29
- Echoing the heart: echocardiography image analysis
Speaker: Dr Kashif Rajpoot, The University of Birmingham
Date: Thursday 8th December 2016 - 1.00pm Venue: Poynting S06
- Multiscale modelling of the musculoskeletal system
Speaker: Professor Damien Lacroix, The University of Sheffield
Date: Thursday 24th Novermber 2016 - 1.00pm Venue: Poynting S06
- Can we use imaging and mathematical modelling to predict stroke outcome
Speaker: Professor Stephen Payne, The University of Oxford
Date: Thursday 17th Novermber 2016 - 1.00pm Venue: Poynting S06
- Imaging and modelling of sperm motility and other biofluiddynamic systems
Speaker: Dr David Smith, The University of Birmingham
Date: Thursday 10th Novermber 2016 - 1.00pm Venue: Poynting S06
- Atmospheric pressure plasmas – from electrically triggered sparks to new healthcare therapies
Speaker: Dr James Walsh, The University of Liverpool
Date: Thursday 20th October 2016 - 1.00pm Venue: Poynting S06
- A computational multiscale multiphysics framework for the study of traumatic brain injury
Speaker: Professer Antoine Jerusalem, The University of Oxford
Date: Thursday 6th October 2016 - 1.00pm Venue: Poynting S06
- Palladium-Activated Prodrug Therapy: An Unorthodox Exploitation of the Bioorthogonal Paradigm.
Speaker: Dr Asier Unciti-Broceta, The University of Edinburgh
Date: Thursday 9th June 2016 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102
- Patient specific engineering models to support clinical practice.
Speaker: Dr Silvia Schievano, University College London
Date: Thursday 26th May 2016 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102
- Healthcare Interventions via Machine Learning.
Speaker: Dr David Clifton, University of Oxford
Date: Thursday 12th May 2016 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102
- 3D Printing in Medicine - Research and Applications.
Speaker: Professor Russell Harris, Leeds University
Date: Thursday 21st April 2016 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102
- Optical Biosensors.
Speaker: Dr Ruchi Gupta, University of Hull
Date: Thursday 7th April 2016 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102
- Exploiting the Chemistry of Musculoskeletal Healing and Disease: Towards Better and Safer Therapies.
Speaker: Dr Richard Williams, The University of Birmingham
Date: Thursday 10th March 2016 - 1.00pm - Haworth 203
- Nanoenabled Medicine Development.
Speaker: Professor Ljeoma F Uchegbu, University College London
Date: Thursday 3rd March 2016 - 1.00pm - Chem Eng 124
- Two Adventures in Chemical Biology - Palladium Mediated Cellular Chemistry and in vivo Optical Medical Imaging.
Speaker: Professor Mark Bradley, The University of Edinburgh
Date: Thursday 4th February 2016 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102
- Shaken and stirred: enhancing, triggering and monitoring drug delivery by ultrasound.
Speaker: Professor Constantin Coussios, Oxford University
Date: Thursday 14th Janaury 2016 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102
- Beyond Systems Biology; from cell membranes to
Speaker: Professor Paul O'Shea, The University of Nottingham
Date: Thursday 7th January 2016 - 1.00pm - Mech Eng G33
- Adressing manufactoring challenges for regenerative medicines.
Speaker: Dr Ivan Wall, University College London
Date: Monday 14th December 2015 - 2.00pm - Learning Centre UG05
- Microfluids and Microbubbles: from Diagnostics to Therapeutic Delivery.
Speaker: Professor Steven Evans, The University of Leeds
Date: Thursday 10th December 2015 - 1.00pm - Nuffield G17
- Biomaterial and their optimisation for the treatment of vision loss.
Speaker: Professor Rachel Williams, The University of Liverpool
Date: Thursday 12th November 2015 - 1.00pm - Biosciences 301
- Raman micro-spectroscopy for biomedical applications:from nanoscale bio materials to label free imaging of cells. and tissue.
Speaker: Professor Ioan Notingher, The University of Nottingham
Date: Thursday 29th October 2015 - 1.00pm - Mech Eng G29
- ‘Of Mice and Men’ in Nanomedicine: Transforming Old and New Nanomaterials into Functional Tools for Medicine.
Speaker: Professor Kostas Kostarelos, The University of Manchester
Date: Thursday 22nd October 2015 - 1.00pm- Mech Eng G29
- Improving stem cell therapy with smart surfaces, scaffolds and microbioreactor arrays.
Speaker: Professor Justin Cooper-White, The University of Queensland
Date: Thursday 15th October 2015 - 10.00am - Biosciences NG08
- Modern medical thermometry and measurements for wound management.
Speaker: Professor Graham Machin and Dr Rob Simpson, National Physical Laboratory
Date: Friday 10th July 2015 - 1.00pm - Biosciences 301
- Fluorescence imaging and activity sensing using"smart"labels.
Speaker: Professor Peter Dedecker, Molecular imaging and photonics, KU Leuven, Belgium
Date: Wednesday 8th July 2015 - 2.00pm - Learning Centre UG09
- Supramolecular Hybrid Materials for Controlled Drug Delivery.
Speaker: Assistant Professor Ken Cham-Fai Leung, The Hong Kong Baptist University and The University of Hong Kong
Date: Wednesday 24th June 2015 - 1.00pm - Biosciences 301
- Quantitative super-resolution fluorescence microscopy in T- cells.
Speaker: Dr Dylan Owen, Kings College London.
Date : Thursday 7th May 2015 - 1.00pm - Haworth 203
- Nanoscale approaches to control of mesenchymal stem cells.
Speaker: Professor Matthew Dalby, University of Glasgow.
Date : Thursday 23rd April 2015 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102
- Molecular imprinting - Nanoscale biometrics and their varied uses.
Speaker: Dr Nick Turner, Open University.
Date : Thursday 16th April 2015 - 1.00pm - Biosciences E102