The Centre on Household Assets and Savings Management (CHASM) is the first university-based, interdisciplinary research centre to focus on:
- Financial inclusion
- Financial transfers and tax
- Financial capability
- Financial assets
CHASM has three cross-cutting themes running throughout its research.
- Variations across countries
- The impact of demographic change, including population ageing
- The role of the state, financial services sector, employers, third sector and individuals/families
Housing and Communities Research Group (HCRG)
The Housing and Communities Research Group (HCRG) also forms an important part of CHASM. HCRG develops research, policy and practice in relation to housing policy, welfare reform, third sector and hybrid housing models, homelessness, housing supply, financial inclusion, Localism, and the role of community-led housing.
- Wellbeing and tenure - does home ownership really add up for social tenants?
James Gregory, Andy Lymer, and Louise Overton
- The tenant's journey - social housing and life chances
James Gregory, Andy Lymer and Louise Overton
- Financial resilience in later life
- Working for better European pensions