The National Buried Infrastructure Facility (NBIF) is part of UKCRIC – the UK Collaboratorium for Research on Infrastructure and Cities.
Based at the University of Birmingham, it is a ‘one of its kind’ facility for research, education and training in:
- buried infrastructure-ground interaction,
- soil stabilisation and improvement,
- geophysical sensing,
- pipeline detection and condition assessment,
- trenching & trenchless technologies,
- structural performance of transport-ground-pipeline systems and green-grey infrastructure interdependencies.