CEI will span across all our work. Our intention is to do formal study-related community engagement with community members who live in study areas.
Members of the community engagement groups will learn about the roles of such groups in other settings and be mentored to develop into sustainable groups for this study and beyond.
In each country, these groups will:
- advise on the study design
- assist with local contextualisation of study materials
- receive and comment upon feedback from the study
- assist in the development of materials to disseminate to wider communities, including on the study website
- receive summary results to disseminate to community members
- assist with the development of a wider (including country wide) dissemination strategy
In addition to formal CEI work, we have aim to understand community and patient groups’ desires and priorities around engaging with policy makers and develop a strategy to help these findings sustainably become embedded in local contexts.
A community facilitator running a parenting group under a tree in Bondo, Kenya.
A research assistant from ILCHR conducting training with community partners in rural South Africa.
A participant receives a certificate at a closing session in rural South Africa.