Dates: 4th - 5th July 2022
Location: In person, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston
Price: £795+ VAT
ATMPs are emerging as a new class of medicines that are advancing healthcare in the 21st century. However, their properties make them very different from traditional pharmaceutical medicines and they bring new, complex challenges in terms of storage, handling and maintaining a chain of custody from raw material to the patient.
- Basic cell biology that underpins ATMP medicines
- Technologies that are used to create ATMP medicines
- Differences between point of care and centralized manufacturing – and implications on delivery to the patient
- Sources of risk in delivering cell products to the clinic
- Overview of the GMP manufacturing facility
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in working with ATMPs, including manufacturing and supply chain personnel, specialist research nursing staff, nursing staff working with licensed ATMPs and hospital pharmacists.
The creation of this course has been funded by IUK through the ATSTN.