Our stakeholder advisory group meet once a year to provide expert advice to the development and conduct of each of our workstreams to enable us to achieve maximum impact from a public, academic and policy perspective. Each stakeholder represents a different perspective relevant to the wider determinants of obesity.
- Professor Brian Ferguson, Director of NIHR Public Health Research programme
- Mr Chris McEwan, Local Authority Councillor Darlington. Darlington Primary Care Network Lay Member. Member of Obesity Policy Engagement Network
- Professor Petra Meier, Consortium Director of Systems science in Public Health and Health Economics Research (SIPHER), University of Glasgow.
- Dr John Williams, Managing Director, Birmingham Health Partners
- Ms Anna Taylor, Executive Director, The Food Foundation
- Dr Magdalena Skrybant, Applied Research Collaboration Public Involvement Lead
- Mr Mubasshir Aljaz, Head of Wellbeing and Prevention, West Midlands Combined Authority
- Mr Russell Turner, Strategic Lead local Delivery, Sport England.
The advisory group had its first annual meeting on 12th May 2022 at The Exchange, Birmingham.