Publications from the Centre for the Economics of Obesity team:
Our latest publication illustrates how the Centre is using economics to inform policy action on obesity:
Frew, E., Afentou, N., Mohtashami Borzadaran, H. et al. Using Economics to Impact Local Obesity Policy: Introducing the UK Centre for Economics of Obesity (CEO). Appl Health Econ Health Policy (2022).
- Effectiveness of Bariatric Surgery vs Community Weight Management Intervention for the Treatment of Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension: A Randomized Clinical Trial, Magda Aguiar, Zerin Alimajstorovic, David Cartwright, Gareth Lavery, Rishi Singhal, Abd Tahrani, Kristian Brock & 2 others, & Alex Sinclair, 1 Jun 2021, In: JAMA Neurology. 78, 6, p. 678-686
- The health economic evaluation of bariatric surgery versus a community weight management intervention analysis from the idiopathic intracranial hypertension weight trial (IIH:WT), Magda Aguiar, Emma Frew, Zerin Alimajstorovic, Andreas Yiangou, Rishi Singhal, Abd Tahrani & Alex Sinclair, 30 Apr 2021, In: Life. 11, 5, 9 p., 409.
- Cost-effectiveness of bariatric surgery versus community weight management to treat obesity-related idiopathic intracranial hypertension: evidence from a single payer health care system, Emma Frew, Andreas Yiangou, Zerin Alimajstorovic, Mark Thaller, Rishi Singhal, Abd Tahrani, Alex Sinclair & Magda Aguiar, 1 Jul 2021, In: Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases. 17, 7, p. P1310-1316
- Assessing the costs and outcomes of control programmes for sexually transmitted infections: a systematic review of economic evaluations, Louise Jackson, Emma Frew, 2 Mar 2021, (E-pub ahead of print) In: Sexually Transmitted Infections.
- Use of economic evidence when prioritising public health interventions in schools: a qualitative study with school staff, Katie Breheny, Emma Frew, Iestyn Williams & Jo Coast, 4 Dec 2020, In: International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 17, 23, 9077.
Research Briefings and Study Reports: