We offer a range of established and innovative educational opportunities for individuals wishing to pursue postgraduate research and/or education in spinal pain and precision rehabilitation.
This combined research and taught Masters programme provides students with a research orientated training in the practical, theoretical and applied elements of spinal pain and [more...]
(Programme Lead Dr Nicola Heneghan)
This nationally and internally approved programme enables exploration of the theoretical basis of musculoskeletal physiotherapy and its application to the development of your clinical reasoning towards advanced clinical [more...]
Patient, public involvement and engagement
The Centre of Precision Rehabilitation for Spinal Pain (CPR Spine) offers a unique and innovative multifaceted framework of patient, public involvement and engagement (PPIE) with:
- Dedicated Spine Register (database) of individuals from across the UK who are able to participate in our research (interviews, surveys, feedback on study documentation, ideas for research) and are interested in receiving written updates on our latest research findings
- Local PPIE group who meet 3 times a year where students and staff can pitch project ideas to get feedback, share early findings on completed studies, identify priorities for further research
- Individuals with musculoskeletal complaints (trauma, post surgery, non-specific etc.) who are then actively involved throughout the entire life cycle of projects (inception to dissemination) and a core member of the study team/steering group
- Community based projects to extend our reach: our research team have produced articles for Buzz, Community Buzz, HEM Life and manned stands at NIHR Research Fairs at Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
- Social media (Twitter) to promote our research and PPIE events. Follow us on @CprSpine
CPR Spine is committed to PPIE not only being integral to our research, but also the learning culture; we support the development of >100 PGT and research students as well as hosting international visitors. This allows us to showcase PPIE and foster this in the next generation of clinicians, and researchers nationally and internationally. If you are interested in knowing more about our PPIE, including joining the register please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.