Following our successful 2nd Annual Network Meeting, the 3rd Annual Network Meeting will be held 24 - 27 March 2020, in Kilifi, Kenya, in collaboration with the KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP).
Registration to attend this meeting is NOW OPEN
We are delighted that our 3rd Annual Network Meeting will be hosted in collaboration with The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Programme (KWTRP) in Kilifi, Kenya on 24-27 March 2020. KWTRP delivers internationally recognised research and capacity building and this collaboration will undoubtedly enhance our Network Meeting.
The dynamic 4-day event builds on the success of both our Inaugural Meeting in 2018 and 2nd Annual Network Meeting in 2019. Our 2020 meeting is being held in Kenya to showcase research in an LMIC setting, and the facilities and environment where vaccine research is translated into real benefits to local communities.
The meeting is open to members only - you can apply for free membership here.
The Network Meeting will be delivered at the Mnarani Club Resort in Kilifi, Kenya. Sessions will also be held at the KWTRP site.
The full programme will be available shortly but below is an overview of the 4-day event:
- Hear from internationally renowned speakers from the world of bacterial vaccinology throughout a 2-day scientific programme, including:
- Paratyphoid A – Vaccine Need & Development
Professor Samir Saha, Head of Microbiology Department, Dhaka Shishu Hospital, Bangladesh
- Africa Medicine Regulatory Harmonisation: AVAREF Perspectives
Dr Beno Nyam Yakubu, Assistant Director, Clinical Trial Division, National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Nigeria
- Shortcomings in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of bacterial STIs in Low-& Middle-Income Countries (LMICs): can a vaccine be the solution?
Dr Francis J. Ndowa, Specialist Venereologist-Dermatologist, Director, Skin & GU Medicine Clinic, Harare, Zimbabwe
Dr Frederick Sawe, Acting Director, Kenya Medical Research Institute/United States Arm Medical Research Directorate-Africa/Kenya
- Networking sessions throughout the event
- Poster session from selected submitted abstracts
- A Travel Bursary Scheme for LMIC based members and Early Career Researchers
- Financial contribution towards the cost of airfare for registered delegates
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme
There will be sessions from experts working at KWTRP, delivering insights into their work and the challenges they face. Network members will have the unique opportunity to engage in one of the following visits:
- Tour of the onsite laboratory facilities at KWTRP
- Visit a field dispensary to see first-hand the work being undertaken
- Access Kilifi County Hospital ward facilities (limited to clinical personnel only)
- A half-day Workshop will be held to focus on the issues faced throughout the end-to-end vaccinology chain
Registration to attend this meeting is NOW OPEN
All registration fees are significantly subsidised however, in addition we are offering an early bird rate giving further discount for bookings up to 14 January 2020 (23:59 hrs GMT). There are limited places available at this meeting so we encourage you to book your place as soon as possible. Applications will close on 2 February 2020 (23:59 hrs GMT), but as with previous Annual Network Meetings, registration will close once all available places have been booked and a waiting list will then be in operation for places to attend.
||Early bird registration
(up to 14 January 2020, 23:59 hrs)
(from 15 January 2020)
|Student1/Early Career Researcher2
|KWTRP based member4
Delegate category information
||Anyone registered as a university postgraduate student, including a doctoral researcher
||Early Career Researcher
||Members who do not currently hold a substantive position within their organisation
||Based in an organisation within a country listed here
||KWTRP based member
||No accommodation will be provided, there are limited places available for this category and these are subject to availability
Your registration fee covers:
- Attendance at the 4 day Network event with lunch and refreshments provided
- Hotel accommodation (single occupancy, bed & breakfast) in Kilifi for 4 nights (23, 24, 25 and 26 March 2020)
- Provision of evening dinner on 3 nights (24, 25 and 26 March 2020)
- Airport transfer between Mombasa International Airport and Kilifi (at specified times only)
- Financial contribution towards airfare costs for attending delegates - up to 50% of the total flight costs, up to a maximum of £250 GBP*
- Provision of letter of support to accompany Visa applications
There is no reduction in registration fee for less than full attendance.
*Financial contribution for airfare costs are only applicable to delegates who attend the meeting.
We welcome abstract submissions for poster presentation. A limited number of successful abstracts will be chosen for oral presentation. To submit an abstract please complete the Abstract Application Form by 01 December 2019 (23:59 hrs GMT). All applicants applying for a Travel Bursary must also submit an abstract.
Applications close: 01 December 2019 (23:59 hrs GMT)
Notifications by: 20 December 2019
All applicants must register to attend the 3rd Annual Network Meeting
The BactiVac Network are offering Travel Bursaries of up to £800 GBP (this is in addition to the delegate airfare contributions of up to 50% of the total flight costs to Kenya, up to a maximum of £250 GBP) to support travel costs to attend our 3rd Annual Network Meeting. Full details can be found on our Travel Bursary page.
Financial Contributions To Flight Costs
The BactiVac Network are offering a financial contribution of up to 50% of the total flight costs to Kenya, up to a maximum of £250 GBP. This financial support is available to all delegates who attend the meeting, and details of how to submit a claim will be provided following the event. Attendance at the meeting is required to be eligible for a claim.
Places to attend this meeting are limited so to avoid disappointment do not delay in booking your place with us! Full details of accommodation, travel, health advice, and visa requirements will be provided once registration to attend the meeting is confirmed.
Keep up to date by following us on @BactiVac, using #BactiVacEvents
For all queries, please contact: email@example.com
In collaboration with: