The Network will be funding 20 places on this Course, which is aimed at Network members who want to build capacity for all stages of their project cycle, from bid writing through implementation to programme closure.
The Course will be held on Tuesday 1 & Thursday 3 December 2020 (13:00 – 16:30 hours GMT). The Course will consist of two online sessions and successful applicants are expected to attend on both days.
The Course will be delivered by Dr Laura Knogler from Scriptoria. Dr Knogler delivers specialised training courses to individuals or groups in management roles to build the skills needed to lead anything from small-scale, short-term projects to collaborative, international research programmes.
Who is this Course aimed at?
The target audience are researchers working on and leading projects, but who may not see themselves as professional project managers. The Course is aimed at researchers who are leading complex projects and/or collaborations and would like additional skills and tools for managing projects, resources and teams. Applicants must be a member of the BactiVac Network, applications for membership can be processed alongside applications to attend this Course.
Preference for the allocation of places will be given to:
- Researchers with at least three years' experience as a postdoctoral Research Associate, or equivalent; those in the first three years of leading their own research group are also encouraged to apply
- Researchers who have some experience leading one or more team projects and/or who have held their own research grants.
To ensure the safety and accessibility of the Course for all participants, Project Management Course will be offered online through Zoom. Scriptoria online courses are highly interactive and engage participants through presentations, group discussions, partnered exercises and polls. All participants receive a comprehensive set of course notes in additional to tools and software tips.
Key learning outcomes
- The bidding process and preparations for work plans, resources and staff
- The project implementation phase
- Various tools for project implementation, such as writing Terms of Reference, staff reviews, etc.
- Critical management skills
- Project monitoring and evaluation as well as programme closure
- Knowledge management and legacy
Applicants should submit the completed Application Form, together with relevant supporting documents, by 12 midnight (GMT) on 11 October 2020. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application on Monday 26 October 2020. Successful applicants are expected to attend both online sessions and notify the Network prior to the Course if they are no longer available to attend, so that the place can be offered to another applicant. Failure to do so can prohibit you from applying for future Network funded courses.
For all queries, please contact: email@example.com
- Applications: NOW CLOSED
- Notifications to applicants: 26 October 2020
Follow us @BactiVac using the hashtag #BactiVacFunding.
Download Project Management Course Application Form