- 2022-2025, MRC UKRI, £1,322,218
Project: MICA: Synovial fibroblast pain pathotypes: A roadmap to understanding and targeting the complexity of patient-reported joint pain in osteoarthritis (Lead investigator: Simon Jones).
- 2022-2024, MRC-BBSRC Ageing Network, £211,530
Project: Food for added life years: Putting research into action (Co-investigator: Niharika Duggal).
- 2022-2024, BBSRC, £200,000
Project: Establishing a network to catalyse collaboration for reducing immune ageing (CARINA) (Co-Investigator: Janet Lord).
- 2022 - 2024, National Institute for Health Research, £249,927
Project: WHiTE-DECI: World Hip Trauma Evaluation – Delirium and Cognitive Impairment; a randomised feasibility trial comparing severity of delirium symptomatology between hip fracture patients 60 years and over treated with a peri-operative infusion of anti-TNF or placebo (Co-Investigator: Thomas Jackson).
- 2022-2023, Scar Free Foundation, £120,000
Project: Does major trauma accelerate the ageing process and can it be alleviated by physical activity? (Lead investigator: Janet Lord).
- 2021 – 2024, National Institute for Health Research, £2,495,158
Project: OPTIMising therapies, disease trajectories, and AI assisted clinical management for patients Living with complex multimorbidity (OPTIMAL study) (lead investigator: Thomas Jackson).
- 2021-2023, Academy of Medical Sciences (Springboard Award), £100,000
Project: Gut microbiome dysbiosis and immune ageing: investigating associations and potential for novel therapies (Lead investigator: Niharika Duggal).
- 2021-2023, Academy of Medical Sciences (Newton Fellowship), £99,000
Project: Understanding the influence of physical activity on ageing processes (Lead investigator: Amanda Sardeli).
- 2020-2023, MRC Research Grant, £591,000
Project: Lactate as an inflammatory early signal in ectopic lymphoid neogenesis and its translational impact in patients with autoimmune diseases (Lead investigator: Claudio Mauro).
- 2020-2023, M . BHF PhD studentship, £107,000
Project: Measurement of EV in cardiovascular disease using a novel interferometric method (Lead supervisors: Paul Harrison and Thomas)
- 2020-2022, Marie-Curie Fellowship, € 225,000
Project: Dissecting the impact of lactate in tuberculosis (Lead investigator: Alba Llibre).
- 2020 - 2022 Swiss National Foundation (SNF) SPARK, £70,000
Project: Understanding nuclear mechanical properties of monocytes for rapid diagnosis of inflammation (Lead investigator: Nikhil Jain).
- 2018-2022, Versus Arthritis, £201,248
Project: Obesity-associated joint inflammation in patients with osteoarthritis: The role of long non-coding RNAs (Lead investigator: Simon Jones).
- 2017-2022, Versus Arthritis, £228,668
Project: Are synovitis-associated lncRNAs central regulators of inflammatory pain in patients with knee OA: A route to identifying a novel analgesic drug for OA patients (Lead investigator: Simon Jones).