Lloyds Banking Group Centre for Responsible Business
Funded by Lloyds Banking Group, an inspired and committed academic and professional services team are on a five year mission to become a recognised centre of excellence; regionally, nationally and globally engaged as responsible business champions. We believe with connected, game changing thinking our work will be distinctive, it will build on diverse research strengths from across the College of Social Sciences, reinforce the original civic mission of the University and it can, and will, make a difference.
Our work streams
- Building sustainable business models
- Responsible finance for responsible businesses
- Innovative responsible business accountability mechanisms
- Responsible businesses and environmental sustainability
- Responsible business transformation
- Designing responsible products / services for responsible consumption
- Developing responsible business benchmarks
- Embedding UN SDG in business governance and management
- Diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Eliminating modern slavery from global supply chains
- Responsible businesses and community transformation
- Effective responsible business education
Operating at the frontiers of intellectual development in responsible business research, education and engagement and working with other businesses, academic institutions, NGOs, policy makers and civic society, we are spearheading a movement for business transformation. Irresponsible businesses break the implicit covenant between society, business and nature, creating unacceptable social, environmental and economic impact. Exploitation of marginalised communities, damage to our ecosystems, unfair distribution of benefits, costs, risks and harm is unacceptable. So the change starts here.