Book launch "Migration, displacement and diversity"
- Hybrid Event, Room 717 Muirhead Tower
- Tuesday 6 June 2023 (16:00-18:00)
You are cordially invited to celebrate the launch of Migration, Displacement and Diversity: The IRiS Anthology, edited by Laurence Lessard-Phillips, Anna Papoutsi, Nando Sigona and Paladia Ziss.
- Prof Nando Sigona and Prof Jenny Phillimore, current and founding Directors of Institute for Research into Superdiversity, University of Birmingham
- Dr Melanie Griffiths, University of Birmingham
- Dr Sandra Pertek, University of Birmingham
- Poem reading "Eels" with Prof Adrian Blackledge and Prof Angela Creese
- Roundtable on anthology and the future of migration research with Prof Richard Black (University of Birmingham), Prof Cecilia Menjívar (UCLA), Dr Asif Afridi (brap), more speakers to be announced
Migration, Displacement and Diversity: The IRiS Anthology marks the tenth anniversary of the University of Birmingham’s Institute for Research into Superdiversity (IRiS). Together with more than 70 contributors – academics, practitioners and activists - we think collectively about past, present and future directions of research on migration and diversity. The contributions cover a range of disciplines and professions, work on different aspects, spaces and times of the migration phenomenon, and express a variety of scientific and political approaches.
The event will run in hybrid format. Participation both in person and via Zoom will be possible.