When you study for your Human Biology degree at Birmingham, you’ll focus on the aspects of biology which are most relevant to our own species; genetics, physiology, cell biology, evolution and development, for example.
It’s a flexible programme that gives you a broad understanding of biological principles, but also lets you pursue your own interests and helps you to fulfill your career ambitions.
Many of our courses offer you the opportunity to add something extra to your degree, if you are interested in a research career have a look at our Undergraduate Masters programmes. Or maybe you would prefer to get some work experience during your degree.
Human Biology degrees
Undergraduate Masters degree
Join our community of over 5000 international students from 150 countries worldwide.
- A World top 100 university for Biosciences - QS World Rankings 2017
- Employability - We are ranked 5th in the Russell Group for UG graduate prospects (The Complete University Guide 2018).
- Accreditation - All UG programmes are accredited by the Royal Society of Biology as containing a solid academic foundation in biological knowledge and key skills, and preparing graduates to meet the needs of employers.
- Research-led teaching – Our world-leading research feeds directly into our programmes, meaning you will learn from academics who are experts in their field.
- Live and study on a beautiful campus at the heart of the UK
- Enjoy easy access to buzzing cities and peaceful countryside, at a fraction of the cost of London
Students from around the world tell us their favourite things about living and studying at the University of Birmingham.