Being part of our alumni community can reap huge benefits for you as an individual. Connecting to others through engagement with academic staff, students and other alumni can really broaden your network, and open doors. Giving guest lectures or participating in panel discussions, for example, can enhance your CV and experience.
Here are just some of the other benefits of being part of our alumni community:
- Order your transcript
- Continue to have access to our Careers in Business careers team and resources
- Undergraduate alumni, can access support and advice from the University Careers Network for up to a year after graduation.
- Receive discounted annual memberships at the Sport & Fitness centre
- Receive advice and practical support from the university if you are looking to start up your own business.
- Enjoy access to a variety of events including reunions, professional networking evenings, and the extremely popular annual House of Lords reception. Our alumni magazine Old Joe will keep you updated with regular news about the University.
- Gain access to key lectures and research presentations so that you can keep up to date with what is happening in your fields. In addition, subject groups may host “refresher days” for alumni to support your professional development.
EBSCO Business Source subscription
Birmingham Business School alumni have exclusive access to our EBSCO Business Source Premier subscription, please contact Emma Coldicott for log-in details.
The Business School Alumni Scholarship
Applications are open for a number of scholarships ranging in value from £2,500 to full tuition fees, available for International and Home students joining us on our postgraduate taught courses in September 2022.
In addition to this, there are also have a number of scholarships reserved specifically for our University of Birmingham MSc alumni worth £10,000 each. View application details and the full list of eligible MSc programmes. This list includes our Business School conversion courses, which don't require an undergraduate degree in any specific subject.
If you are interested in the MBA than you might also be interested in Birmingham Business School MBA Scholarships available for both our Full Time and Executive (part time) programmes. Alumni have also provided scholarships designated specifically for candidates from Africa and India.
Research in Birmingham Business School
You might also be interested in the following websites which highlight some of the research taking place in Birmingham Business School
The MBA LinkedIn Group
Our MBA Alumni LinkedIn Group provides our MBA alumni with the opportunity to connect and gain insights into other industries/countries.
Connect with us