Students and Alumni
As a postgraduate student of Birmingham Business School or member of the Business School’s postgraduate alumni community you can access a bespoke service from our careers team.
Our dedicated careers team offers:
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Consultants including: job search strategies, application reviews and mock interviews
- Career development workshops and a range of skills sessions
- Support for international students and alumni who wish to work in the UK after graduation
- Opportunities to network with employers through activities such as Future Leaders Certificate and Mock Assessment Centre
- Ongoing careers support after graduation
If you are a current or former postgraduate student of the Business School, find out more about how we can help you.
Welcome to Careers in Business. Prior to you joining the University we have put together some useful guides and resources to help you get a head start.
Our dedicated Careers in Business team are here to help you every step of the way. We look forward to meeting you.
Future Leaders Certificate
The Future Leaders Certificate (FLC) is an extra-curricular programme specifically designed for postgraduate Birmingham Business School students. The FLC combines industry engagement and the development of key employability skills including leadership, entrepreneurship and agile learning to prepare our students for the future of work.
Are you an employer looking to work in partnership with Careers in Business or to recruit high quality students or alumni with exceptional education and skills?
There are a number of ways you can work with us:
- Consultancy and Development Projects
We are currently sourcing projects for our MBA students to undertake both as part of the curriculum and as internships outside of term time
- Events and Workshops
We currently run a number of company focused and sector based events and workshops and are always looking for participants
- Guest Speakers
We host a number of guest speakers, both as part of the curriculum and as part of extra-curricular development
- Company Visits
We can arrange for groups of our students interested in a particular company and sector to get a feel for a real working environment
Contact the team to get started: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like our help in advertising a postgraduate job or internship opportunity, please register your company with us by visiting Careers in Business Online, our dedicated career management platform.