Better Policing Collaborative Police Fair
- Great Hall Aston Webb Building Edgbaston Campus University of Birmingham
- Friday 4 April 2014 (10:00-16:30)
Interested in research on policing? Attend the BPC Police Fair.
Five universities (Nottingham, Birmingham, Liverpool, Aston and Warwick), Skills for Justice and 5 Police Forces (Derbyshire, Merseyside, Nottinghamshire, South Yorkshire and the West Midlands) are teaming up for a research, education and training fair.
The fair aims to bring together a wide group of individuals from the Collaborative partners to both hear about current possibilities for collaborative work and to suggest and develop new ones.
- Academics will showcase research relevant to policing problems and crime reduction.
- Police will list their priority problems and team up with relevant academic expertise.
- Various posters showcasing academic research will be exhibited.
- Talks and demonstrations throughout the day.
Topics include: Public Protection, Family Violence, Extremism, Cybercrime, and Reoffending
A light lunch will be provided.
Full details for this event can also be found on the event poster.
9am - 9:45am: Registration
10am: Opening by Garry Fosyth, West Midlands Police
Due to the popularity of this event, registration is now closed.