- Life and health valuation
- Risk, time and social preferences
- Ethical decision making
“Discounting for delay and the value of a life year lost to air pollution (funded by ESRC, PI Dr Rebecca McDonald)
- Preferences over conditional risk sequences: an experimental investigation - with T. Hayes & R. McDonald
“Risk, Time and Society: the behavioural economics of value” (funded by the Leverhulme Trust, PI Prof Graham Loomes)
- Arroyos-Calvera, D., Covey, J., Loomes, G. & McDonald, R. (2019). The efficiency-equity trade-off, self-interest, and moral principles in health and safety valuation. Social Science and Medicine, 238, p. 112477.
- [under review] Does the Allais Paradox survive in commodity space? - with A. Isoni, G. Loomes & R. McDonald
- Testing the reduction of compound lotteries axiom in the standard gamble with objects and money - with G. Loomes, A. Isoni & R. McDonald
Other projects on Life and health valuation and Risk, time and social preferences:
- Does the efficiency-equity tradeoff change in a pandemic?
- How do people actually prioritise?
- An empirical investigation of safety-focused altruism - all the above with J. Covey, G. Loomes & R. McDonald
Other projects on Ethical decision making:
- [under review] The Saving Grace Effect: How good reputation moderates perceptions of unfair behaviours in the market - with N. Powdthavee
- [working paper] Unpacking moral wiggle room: information preferences and not information itself predict generosity - with R. McDonald, D. Read & B. Rigal