The Organisation, Work and Employment group is the largest group within the Department of Management. Faculty undertake a range of teaching and research in the following broad disciplinary areas: organisation studies; human resource management; employment relations; political economy.
The research interests of the group cut across the following themes:
- Contemporary issues for the future of work, including flexible working, the gig economy, decent work/quality of work and pay
- Economic Policy - Macro and micro, including employment regulation, comparative political economy, industrial strategy, regional policy and labour markets
- Employment relations – work and the workplace, employee voice and trade unionism
- Entrepreneurship and small business
- Equality, diversity, inclusion and workplace well-being
- Human resource management
- Knowledge, skills and human capital
- Organisational learning
- Trust and social capital:
- across global value chains and production networks
- between organisations and their stakeholders
- within and between organisations
Also in 'Management'