18th Annual Ethnic Minority Business Conference
- B2 5EP, Birmingham, Canon Street, The Studio
- Social Sciences
The 18th Annual Ethnic Minority Business Conference, Centre for Research in Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurship (CREME), is taking place on the 28th of October 2014
The 18th Annual Ethnic Minority Business Conference, the UK’s benchmark event on diversity and entrepreneurship, is just a few weeks away. This year’s Conference provides an opportunity for CREME and its partners to reflect on the learning and progress over the last 10 years towards its mission of ‘Making diversity and enterprise everyone’s business’. Leading researchers and practitioners will assess key changes and present innovative developments designed to advance the agenda on ethnic minority entrepreneurship. Key topics include: change made by the Banks and others in the corporate sector; and engaging Local Enterprise Partnerships. We will draw out the lessons from the last ten years, and identify new challenges as we move forward into the next decade of the diversity and enterprise agenda.
Highlights of the conference include:
- An opening keynote address by the internationally acclaimed entrepreneur and Chancellor of the University of Birmingham, Lord Karan Bilimoria.
- Milestones in the Banking sector’s response to working with minority entrepreneurs. Key figures share their insights: Irene Graham (Managing Director of the British Bankers’ Association, Stephen Pegge (Director SME & Commercial Communications) and Professor Richard Roberts (CREME, formerly of Barclays Plc).
- The voice of small firms. Minority business owners discuss their experiences of working with the research and policy community. (Facilitated by Professor Kiran Trehan, CREME.)
- Diversity and Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs). Profs. Mark Hart (Deputy Director, Enterprise Research Centre) and Monder Ram (CREME) identify the critical role that minority businesses play in promoting growth in LEP areas.
Venue: The Studio, Birmingham
Timings: 09.30 – 17.00 (Conference)
19.00 – 22.00 (Gala Dinner)
The Gala Dinner is always the highlight of the Conference. Entrepreneurs, professional associations and the corporate sector will gather to celebrate the success of the minority business community and their vital contribution to UK Plc.
To find out more about the conference or reserve a please contact email@example.com or Drew Gertner D.Gertner@bham.ac.uk