Banking Standards Board Regional Debate in Birmingham
- Room G12, Main Lecture Theatre, Birmingham Business School
How can the banking sector help support and drive a dynamic regional economy?
The Banking Standards Board would like to invite you to its first regional debate, hosted by the University of Birmingham Business School, on what the banking sector can do to help support and drive a dynamic regional economy?
Among the panel will be:
- Paul Anderson, Managing Director Deutsche Bank AG, Birmingham
- Dame Colette Bowe, Chairman Banking Standards Board
- James Cliffe, Head of Business Banking, HSBC UK
- Professor Simon Collinson, Dean of Birmingham Business School and Professor of International Business and Innovation
- Alison Cottrell, CEO Banking Standards Board
- The Right Reverend David Urquhart, Lord Bishop of Birmingham and BSB Board member
Dame Colette Bowe will introduce the debate and each panellist will make a five minute statement before opening it up to the floor for questions. The debate will close at approximately 5.30pm, after which there will be an opportunity to continue the discussion informally over drinks.
Debate: 16:00 - 17:30, Lecture Hall G12, Birmingham Business School, University House, University of Birmingham
Drinks: 17:30 – 18:00, Atrium, Birmingham Business School, University House, University of Birmingham
Places for this event are limited, so register your attendance by completing our online registration form.
About the Banking Standards Board
Chaired by Dame Colette Bowe, the Banking Standards Board is funded by the industry to hold the industry itself to account by providing independent challenge and support to member banks and building societies as they seek individually and collectively to raise standards of behaviour and competence. The BSB is neither a regulator nor a trade body. It has no statutory powers and does not engage in lobbying on behalf of the industry. The BSB works closely with bank and building society boards, staff, customers, investors and a wide range of stakeholders to raise industry standards, increase the trustworthiness of all banks and building societies operating in the UK and strengthen the UK’s position as a global financial centre.
As spaces are limited can you please contact Chantelle on firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.