International Workshop on "International migration, talent mobility and entrepreneurship ecosystems"
- University House Room G06
- Lectures Talks and Workshops, Social Sciences
This workshop is linked to the British Academy research project 'International migration, talent mobility and entrepreneurship ecosystems: Evidence from China.'
Organizer: Dr. Yipeng Liu, Senior lecturer & Departmental Director of Research, Department of Entrepreneurship and Local Economy, Birmingham Business School, University of Birmingham, UK
Sponsors and partners: British Academy, Department of Entrepreneurship and Local Economy, China Institute, City-REDI, CREME, University of Birmingham.
You can register for this event by completing our quick registration form.
12:30 - 13:20: Lunch and informal networking
13:20 - 13:30: Welcome and opening remarks
Professor Jon Frampton PhD, FRSB, Deputy Pro Vice Chancellor (China), Director of the China Institute
13:30 – 14:30: Session 1. Entrepreneurial mobility and entrepreneurship ecosystems
Chair: Dr. Yipeng Liu (University of Birmingham)
- BA project: Dr. Yipeng Liu (University of Birmingham, UK)
Topic: International migration, talent mobility and entrepreneurship ecosystems
- Keynote speech: Prof. Frederick Wherry (Yale University, USA)
Topic: Rethinking Favors & Debt in Small Enterprises
14:30 - 15:00: Coffee break
15:00 - 16:00: Session 2. Global entrepreneurship and local engagement: talent mobility and local ecosystems
Chair: Prof. Kiran Trehan (University of Birmingham, UK)
- Prof. Shahamak Rezaei (EU Horizon 2020 Research Coordinator, Marie Curie Fellow, DiasporaLink Research Coordinator, Roskilde University, Denmark)
- Prof. Frederick Wherry (Co-Director of Center for Cultural Sociology, Yale University, USA)
- Prof. Mark Gilman (Birmingham City University, Founder of Business Improvement and Growth (BIG) program)
- Dr. Bin Wu, (China Research Group coordinator, founder of the Centre for Chinese Migration Studies, University of Nottingham Business School, UK)
- Representative from Chang’an Auto R&D Center (UK)
16:00 - 16:30: Closing, cheese and wine.