Course fact file
Fees and funding
The Apprenticeship will be paid for through your employer, there will be no costs incurred by the learner.
March and November each year
2 years part time
Modular delivery over long weekends (Friday to Monday) limits the impact of study on your work commitments, enabling the flexibility to agree time back in lieu with your employer.
Our aim at Birmingham Business School is to support you in gaining the practical knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be an effective and dynamic leader. Our Business Administration Level 7 Apprenticeship, aligned to the Senior Leader Apprenticeship Standard, will allow you to gain a PGDip in Business Administration funded by the Apprenticeship Levy.
Management practices are constantly evolving, and even experienced managers benefit from accessing up-to-the-minute thinking and developing new techniques. This apprenticeship programme is designed for managers across a range of industries and sectors who want to boost their career prospects.
Flexible and practical, our apprenticeship is recognised by a leading industry body and designed to fit in with existing career commitments. Each taught module is delivered in an intensive four-day block spread over one long weekend, and modules are offered at six points during the academic year.
The Birmingham programme is designed for leaders with global ambitions. Projects are aligned to the employer organisation so that apprentices are able to directly apply what they have been taught – bringing immediate benefits to both apprentices and employers.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship we offer the opportunity for you to achieve a full Masters level qualification via completion of a 60 credit dissertation. The cost of completing the MBA will be £7,000 which can be funded by the employer or individual, or a combination of both. Discounts and scholarships may be applied in certain circumstances, please contact us to discuss.
Why study this course?
- Flexible and practical, learners typically complete the apprenticeship programme in approximately two years, although this can be extended to four years as required.
- Modular delivery over long weekends (Friday to Monday) limits the impact of study on work commitments, and we offer two options for programme entry – Autumn and Spring – each year.
- Enrolment with our regular Executive MBA cohort enables engagement with those from a variety of backgrounds.
- Fully levy-funding compliant with advice and guidance from our Apprenticeships team.
- Our programme is fully accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, and at the discretion of the learner, we offer the additional support necessary to allow individuals to achieve a full Masters level qualification via completion of a 60 credit dissertation.
You are required to choose 5 of the following options to achieve a total of 50 credits.
Upon successful completion of the work-based project, you will undertake an independent End Point Assessment which will consist of a project showcase of your work-based project and a professional discussion based on your e-portfolio, after which you will be awarded your Senior Leader Apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship will be paid for through your employer, there will be no costs incurred by you.
In order to be accepted onto the PGDip Business Administration Senior Leaders programme, you must possess:
- A good Honours degree (or equivalent), or equivalent professional qualification*
- Five years work experience with evidence of extensive managerial experience or professional responsibility. Three years exceptional work experience meeting this criteria will also be considered
- IELTS 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in any band); TOEFL IBT 88 (21 in Reading, 20 in Listening, 22 in Speaking and 21 in Writing); Pearson Academic Test of English 59 (in all four skills)
*Please note we will also consider candidates without a first degree or professional qualification but with at least ten years’ work experience including significant managerial responsibility.