Course fact file
2 - 4 years part time
Fees and funding
The Apprenticeship will be paid for through your employer, there will be no costs incurred by you.
Modular delivery over long weekends (Friday to Monday) limits the impact of study on your work commitments, enabling the flexibility to agree time back in lieu with your employer.
For all enquiries relating to this programme please contact our Degree Apprenticeship team at:
Tel: +44 (0)121 414 4271
Mob: +44 (0)7976230204
Our Apprenticeship programme, aligned to the Senior Leader Apprenticeship Standard, allows you to gain a Level 7 Apprenticeship in Business Administration funded by the Apprenticeship Levy, and a Postgraduate Diploma qualification.
Management practices are constantly evolving, and even experienced managers will benefit from accessing up-to-the-minute thinking and learning new techniques. The Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration is for managers across a range of industries and sectors who want to boost their career prospects.
Flexible and practical, our Apprenticeship is recognised by a leading industry body and designed to fit in with your existing career commitments. Each taught module is delivered in an intensive four-day block spread over one long weekend. Modules are offered at six points during the academic year.
The Birmingham programme is designed for leaders with global ambitions. Projects are aligned to the sponsor organisation so that apprentices are able to directly apply what they have been taught – bringing immediate benefits to both apprentices and employers.
You will join a cohort of experienced learners from both the public and private sectors, offering them a great opportunity to share ideas and broaden their networks. Management practices are constantly evolving, and even experienced managers will benefit from accessing up-to-the-minute thinking and learning new techniques. The Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration is for managers across a range of industries and sectors who want to boost their career prospects.
There is also an option to start in March 2022.
Why study this course?
- Flexible and practical, you can typically complete the Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration in approximately 2 years, although this can be extended to 4 years as required.
- Modular delivery over long weekends (Friday to Monday) limits the impact of study on your work commitments
- Two options for programme entry - September or March
- For all taught modules, enrolment with our regular Executive MBA cohort enabling engagement with those from a variety of backgrounds
- Fully levy-funding compliant with advice and guidance from our Apprenticeships team
- The gold standard of ‘triple-crown' accreditation for the Birmingham Business School - AMBA, AACSB, EQUIS
- As a Russell Group University our levy-funded Apprenticeship programmes are developed with research- informed teaching at their heart
You are required to choose 6 of the following options to achieve a total of 60 credits.
Upon successful completion of the work-based project, you will undertake an independent End Point Assessment which will consist of a project showcase of your work-based project and a professional discussion based on your e-portfolio, after which you will be awarded your Senior Leader Apprenticeship.
The Degree Apprenticeship will be paid for through your employer, there will be no costs incurred by you.
In order to be accepted onto the PGDip Business Administration Senior Leaders programme, you must possess:
- A good Honours degree (or equivalent), or equivalent professional qualification*
- Five years work experience with evidence of extensive managerial experience or professional responsibility. Three years exceptional work experience meeting this criteria will also be considered
- IELTS 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in any band); TOEFL IBT 88 (21 in Reading, 20 in Listening, 22 in Speaking and 21 in Writing); Pearson Academic Test of English 59 (in all four skills)
*Please note we will also consider candidates without a first degree or professional qualification but with at least ten years’ work experience including significant managerial responsibility.