CMI (Chartered Management Institute) Partnership - Dual Accreditation programmes
Birmingham Business School are delighted to announce a new partnership with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
The University of Birmingham’s partnership with CMI means that all students on linked programmes will be eligible for CMI membership. Students studying on these programmes will also receive an additional professional qualification upon successful completion of their degree programme. CMI awards qualifications up to Chartered Manager status.
CMI (the Chartered Management Institute) is the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence. It is the only organisation awarding Chartered Manager status, the hallmark of any professional manager, and encompasses a membership community more than 120,000 strong.
CMI Membership will be available to all Executive MBA Degree Apprenticeship students for two years. Final year Business Management undergraduate students will become eligible for CMI membership in their final year. Membership is also valid for BSc Business Management students’ one year post graduation.
Membership of CMI provides access to a wealth of management resources and support:
- Fast answers – Enjoy instant access to management questions via the unique online multimedia knowledge base Management Direct [link] - a valuable resource to improve grades and develop skills.
- Mentoring – Experienced managers and leaders will share their skills and experiences to help further develop management skills.
- Network with the best – Make valuable business contacts at CMI’s frequent events around the UK.
- Career Development Centre – Our comprehensive online portal boosts the development of interview skills, polishes CV content and prepares members on how to approach employers.
- Management library – Borrow from 700 books on management, leadership and business from the CMI management library, the largest in the UK.
- Show your development – CMI online CPD system enables members to update and access their student record of continuing professional development - a great resource for performance reviews and job interviews.
The Executive MBA Degree Apprenticeship programme at Birmingham Business School, University of Birmingham, is dual accredited by CMI. This means that students will receive an additional professional qualification – a CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership - upon successful completion of their programme.
Our undergraduate Business Management programmes are also dual accredited by CMI. All final year undergraduate students studying Business Management at either of our Birmingham or Singapore campuses will be eligible for a CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership as part of this partnership on successful completion of their degree.
With a CMI qualification:
- You will instantly become more employable when you receive an industry-recognised CMI professional qualification.
- You will gain access to exclusive CMI networking events.
- You will have the opportunity to attend lectures from top level CMI industry-expert members.
- CMI’s qualifications sit on the RQF framework and are recognised by the European Credit Framework. These qualifications fast-track students into the next stage of training to become Chartered Managers. Students become a CMI Affiliate member during their studies, giving a host of additional benefits to support development and employability.
For enquiries relating to the Degree Apprenticeship programmes please contact Mr. Sam Hickman, Degree Apprenticeships Manager, University of Birmingham:
For enquiries relating to Postgraduate programmes at Birmingham Business School please contact:
For enquiries relating to Undergraduate programmes at Birmingham Business School please contact: