Making Diversity Research Everyone's Business
- Nicolson Building (G11 on the University of Birmingham map)
We are delighted to invite you to a one day conference to share insights into our ground-breaking research, in collaboration with RCUK, on diversity. The event will showcase leading international research on diversity, equality and inclusion.
You will hear from leading academics, policy makers and practitioners on how interdisciplinary research on diversity is helping shape policy learning:
- Professor Una Martin, Deputy Pro Vice Chancellor for Equalities, University of Birmingham
- Hilary Reynolds, Executive Director RCUK and joint RCUK Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Champion
- Professor Uduak Archibong, Director of Centre for Inclusion and Diversity, University of Bradford
- Professor Angela Creese, MOSAIC Centre for Research on Multilingualism, School of Education, University of Birmingham Professor Zhu Hua, School of Social Science, History and Philosophy Birbeck University Of London
- Professor Jenny Phillimore, Director of Institute for Research Into Superdiversity and Dr Lisa Goodson, University of Birmingham
- Professor Kiran Trehan, Co-Director of the Enterprise and Diversity Alliance and Director of External Engagement, University of Birmingham Business School
- A panel of corporate businesses, policy makers and minority entrepreneurs talking and sharing their experiences of how research led initiatives on mentoring. helped shaped diversity policy
The conference will explore a range of research topics from minority enterprise, inequality in education and social exclusion in health to community research.
The conference will be interactive and of interests to academics, policy makers and practitioners. It provides a unique opportunity to share experiences, discuss emerging opportunities and challenges for research and policy makers committed to making diversity research everyone's business.