2nd UK Hydrocolloids Symposium
- School of Chemical Engineering at the University of Birmingham
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, International, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Research
Hydrocolloids in Formulation Engineering
Abstract submission deadline has been extended to Friday July 17th. Submit your abstract now!
The 2nd UK Hydrocolloids Symposium will be taking place in the School of Chemical Engineering at the University of Birmingham, on the theme of 'Hydrocolloids in Formulation Engineering', and aims to be a forum for Post Graduate students to present their work and to promote the cross-fertilisation of ideas between disciplines for hydrocolloid applications. The symposium will provide excellent opportunity for interaction between academic and industrial world in the field of hydrocolloids. There will be no fee for delegates that register early.
Once you have registered you can download an abstract template (word doc), indicating whether it is an oral or poster presentation. Please complete and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for abstract submission is 10th July 2015.
There will be prizes for both the best student oral presentation and best student poster. The IChemE F&D SIG will be sponsoring both awards.
Delegates giving an oral contribution will also have the opportunity to submit a full paper for consideration for publication in a special issue of Food Hydrocolloids.
A prefinal version of the programme is now available.
The topics of the symposium include:
- Hydrocolloids and Microstructural Design
- Processing Aspects of Hydrocolloid Microstructures
- Hydrocolloids in Emulsion Systems
- Hydrocolloids in Encapsulation & Release Approaches
- Protein-based Hydrocolloids
- Hydrocolloid Nanotechnology
- Rheological Behaviour of Hydrocolloids
- Hydrocolloids in Biomedical / Bioengineering Applications
- Hydrocolloids in Product Applications
Carmen G. Boeriu, Tim Foster, Bill Frith and Anne-Marie Hermansson have been confirmed as keynote speakers.
We are looking for sonsorship to keep registration for the event free. If you are interested in sponsoring this event (a suggested sponsorship of £300) please contact email@example.com or donate online.
Confirmed Sponsors of the event are:
Exhibitors at this event
Conference Organising Committee