Welcome to the School of Chemistry's spectroscopy resource pages for schools. These pages aim to provide 'A' level students and teachers with a full set of spectroscopic data for simple organic compounds with different functional groups.
Our spectroscopic resources
Other useful links to spectroscopic resources
- About.com (Chemistry) - Global information resource including some spectroscopy.
- Analytical Spectroscopy (Science Hypermedia) - Part of Brian M. Tissue's educational hypermedia resource.
- University of Akron - "The Virtual Classroom" (USA) - Extensive undergraduate level lecture material in many fields of chemistry, including sections on Molecular Spectroscopy and the instrumentation used.
- University of Massachusetts (USA) - Spectral animations with Chime and J-CAMP, using your web browser.
- University of West Indies Mona (Jamaica) - Interactive FTIR problems and tutorials are included in a comprehensive site by Robert Lancashire in the Department of Chemistry.
- University of Widener - Chester (USA) - Introduction to IR Spectroscopy and Greenhouse Gases.
- WebSpectra - A library of NMR and IR spectroscopy problems for chemistry students, from UCLA.