The School of Chemistry is proud to invest in our students’ future careers and as a Chemistry graduate from Birmingham, you’ll be highly sought after by a wide range of industries. Whether you choose to continue on a purely scientific path as a professional scientist or use your transferable skills in a more diverse career, you will be a talented and valuable addition to any workplace.
To further support you and enhance your employability, we are happy to offer the Enhancement Scholarship, which consists of £2000 support for students to undertake enhancement activities, such as placements, internships, or work experience, during the summer vacation of their first year.1
This scholarship will be assigned to the student on entry to the School and will be awarded once an appropriate activity has been secured by the student. Support in identifying enhancement activities will be provided via the school.
There are 30 scholarships available, and applicants will be ranked based on the following in priority order:
- Top 3 A Level Grades (including Chemistry) *
- Chemistry A Level *
- Additional A Levels and AS Levels *
- Other UCAS tariff *
- GCSE grades *
No application is required, all those who meet the conditions above will be contacted during semester 1 2024.
To be eligible for this award you must:
- Be classified as UK for fees on your acceptance to the university.
- Be accepted to one of the following courses for year 1 entry in 2024 after placing it as firm choice in UCAS
- Show due diligence and engagement with your studies in the academic year prior to the summer placement.
- Secure a place on a career enhancing activity
Scholarship holders are expected to complete feedback forms regarding their activity.
* Conversion from other qualification systems is calculated internally by the university, to enquire about your qualifications, please contact our undergraduate admissions team.
1 Use of these funds to enable a Scholarship holder in participating in a different type of enhancement activity will also be considered by the School.