Analyse your own corpus with AntConc
- Arts Building - Room 228
- Thursday 26 November 2015 (14:00-16:00)
- Corpus Linguistics Workshop
Speaker: Viola Wiegand
In this session you will learn how to use the freeware corpus analysis tool AntConc, which runs without installation on multiple operating systems (including Windows and Mac). You can download it from http://www.laurenceanthony.net/software/antconc/.
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- build a simple corpus
- generate concordances & concordance plots
- investigate co-occurrence patterns (collocates & clusters)
- compare corpora (keywords)
If you want, you can bring your own language data along - these should be electronic texts, preferably in plain text format (.txt). There will also be a sample corpus for you to work with.
Venue: Arts Building, Room 228 (second floor)