Simple visualisations of corpus data using R Studio
- Arts Building - Room 228
- Thursday 10 December 2015 (14:00-16:00)
- Corpus Linguistics Workshop
Speaker: Viola Wiegand
R is a programming language that allows many statistical operations of data. For linguists it can be of use for various tasks such as analysing experimental data, but also to explore frequencies in a corpus of texts. The user interface R Studio provides an interactive environment for using the language and is relatively user-friendly.
In this session you will learn how to:
- load a corpus into the statistical programming environment R Studio
- create detailed concordance plots using R Studio
- create other visualisations of language data in R Studio
If you want, you can bring your own language data along – these should be electronic texts, preferably in plain text format (.txt). For this session you will need to have the whole corpus in one single .txt document.
There will also be a sample corpus for you to work with.
Venue: Arts Building, Room 228 (second floor)