The University of Birmingham and the Department of English Language and Linguistics are proud to host the 7th UK Cognitive Linguistics Association Conference from 28 – 30 July 2020 at the University of Birmingham.
28-30 July 2020
The UKCLA aims to develop and promote the field of Cognitive Linguistics in the United Kingdom and internationally. This goal is supported by the UKCLC conference. The conference will be an opportunity to share the latest research on language and cognition, and to advance new insights in the field of cognitive linguistics.
Delegates will have the pleasure to experience the unique environment of our historic campus, as well as the city of Birmingham, a city beating at the heart of the United Kingdom, a hotbed of rich culture and diversity.
Confirmed plenary speakers
- Adele Goldberg, Princeton University, USA
- Caroline Rowland, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, NL
- Gabriella Vigliocco, UCL, UK
- Mark Dingemanse, Radboud University, NL
- Date of the Conference: 28 – 30 July 2020
- Pre-conference workshops: 27 July 2020
- Abstract submission system opens: 1 September 2019
- Abstract submission deadline: 30 December 2019
- Decision communicated by: March 2020
- Online payment system opens: March 2020
- Online payment system closes: May 2020