Linguistics for MFL teachers: Teachers and PGCE students' online CPD event
- Thursday 8 July 2021 (18:00-19:00)
For any queries regarding the CPD workshop, please contact Katie Blair (event co-ordinator): firstname.lastname@example.org
Synchronous Online Workshop
Looking to shake things up in your classroom for yourself and/or your students? Think linguistics could be interesting, but not quite sure what it is, or how it might be relevant to your teaching?
This free online CPD workshop offers an introduction to linguistics for MFL teachers without a background in the discipline, and a refresher for those that do. The workshop will take place online on and is open to all secondary school teachers, trainee teachers and PGCE students of MFL in UK schools.
The workshop will consist of two parts:
- 14:00 - 14:45: Part 1 General session: Introduction to Linguistics for languages teachers (Dr Alice Corr, University of Birmingham).
- 15:00-16:30: Part 2 Parallel sessions: Interactive demonstration of our linguistics materials for A-Level MFL and Q&A(Dr Anna Havinga, University of Bristol; Dr Norma Schifano, University of Birmingham; Prof Michelle Sheehan, University of Newcastle).
- Interactive demonstration of linguistics materials for A-level French, German and Spanish
- Tips for using linguistics in the GCSE classroom
- Q&A session
To attend the workshop (registration required), please sign up.
Zoom links will be sent via email to registered participants ahead of the workshop. Please note, these must not be shared with anyone else.
The workshop forms part of the research project Linguistics in MFL project and, as part of your participation, we will be gathering feedback and research data from you. To find out more about the Linguistics in MFL project, please visit our website and follow us on Twitter @inmfl.
This workshop is generously funded by the University Council of Modern Languages.
For any queries regarding the CPD workshop, please contact Katie Blair (event co-ordinator): email@example.com.