Shakespeare Institute open afternoon for prospective students
- Shakespeare Institute - Mason Croft - Church St - Stratford-upon-Avon - CV37 6HP
- Arts and Law, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Open Day, Students
The Shakespeare Institute is hosting an open afternoon for prospective students on Thursday 29 November 2018.
You will have the opportunity to meet with programme convenors, have a library tour and speak with current students. You will be able to see the Institute at work and experience what it is like to study here.
This date coincides with one of our regular Thursday Seminars, which we would encourage you to attend during your visit. The seminar, ‘Waxy Ears and Ungodly Itching: Retracing Musical Response in the Early Modern Playhouse’ will be delivered by Dr Simon Smith, from The Shakespeare Institute. The seminar will be followed by a question and answer session.
You are asked to arrive at 11:45 or 13:15, depending on which programme(s) of study you are interested in. The programme for the afternoon is as follows:
For those interested in MA Shakespeare and Education, MA Shakespeare and Theatre or MA Shakespeare Studies
- 11:45-12:00: Registration
- 12:00-12:40: MA Shakespeare Studies - meeting with Professor John Jowett
- 12:00-12:30: Library tour 1 (MA Shakespeare and Education / MA Shakespeare and Theatre)
- 12:40-13:20: MA Shakespeare and Education / MA Shakespeare and Theatre - Dr Abigail Rokison-Woodall
- 13:30-14:00: Library tour 2 (MA Shakespeare Studies)
- 14:00-15:20: Thursday Seminar - Dr Simon Smith
You are welcome to stay for the afternoon course meetings if you are also interested in our MA Shakespeare and Creativity/research programmes (see below).
For those interested in MA Shakespeare and Creativity or our research programmes
- 13:15-13.30: Registration
- 13:30-14:00: Library tour 2 (MA Shakespeare and Creativity / research programmes)
- 14.00-15:20: Thursday Seminar - Dr Simon Smith
- 15:20-16:00: MA Shakespeare and Creativity - meeting with Dr Abigail Rokison-Woodall
- 16.00-16.30: Research programmes - meeting with Dr Abigail Rokison-Woodall
If you are also interested in our other MA programmes and would like to attend course meetings for those, please arrive for 11.45 (see above).
Book your place
Please register for this event through our Eventbrite page at:
Please note that spaces are limited and places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Further details will be sent to all registered attendees before the event.
- You are welcome to attend more than one course meeting.
- You are also very welcome to bring a friend or parent, but we would ask that you also register them for a place at the event so that we can manage numbers.
- In between meetings, you are most welcome to bring your own lunch to be eaten in the Shakespeare Institute common room, or there are many local cafes and restaurants if you would prefer to go out. Tea and coffee will be served after the Thursday Seminar.