Postgraduate study in Shakespeare: an open day in Stratford-upon-Avon
- Stratford-upon-Avon, The Shakespeare Institute
- Arts and Law, Open Day
The Shakespeare Institute is hosting an open day for prospective students on Thursday 23 January 2020.
Being based in the heart of Stratford upon Avon, the Shakespeare Institute enjoys close and developing relations with the Royal Shakespeare Company with our collaboration at The Other Place and the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust. It has its own purpose-built world-class research library, and it plays host to the most prestigious international Shakespeare conference in the world.
The Shakespeare Institute is home to five exciting postgraduate programmes. You will have the opportunity to meet with programme convenors, have a library tour and speak with current students. You will be able to see the Institute at work and experience what it is like to study here.
This date coincides with one of our regular Thursday Seminars, which we would encourage you to attend during your visit. The seminar, ‘Everything to Everybody’: Shakespeare and the Making of the Modern City’ will be delivered by Professor Ewan Fernie, from The Shakespeare Institute. The seminar will be followed by a question and answer session.
- 11:00: Registration (please report to reception when you arrive at the Shakespeare Institute).
- 11:15 - 11:45: First Library Tour (for visitors interested in Shakespeare Studies / Shakespeare and Creativity / Research Students, please meet in reception to be taken to the Library)
- 11:15 – 11:45: MA Shakespeare and Theatre / MA Shakespeare and Education Meeting with Dr Abigail Rokison-Woodall, ground floor of the Shakespeare Institute
- 12:00 - 12:20: Research students - meeting with Dr Martin Wiggins, ground floor of the Shakespeare Institute
- 12:00 - 12:30: Second library tour (for visitors interested in Shakespeare and Theatre / Shakespeare and Education, please meet in reception to be taken to the Library)
- 12:40 - 13:20: Shakespeare and Creativity Meeting with Dr Abigail Rokison-Woodall, ground floor of the Shakespeare Institute
- 14:00 - 15:20: Thursday Seminar followed by refreshments - ‘Everything to Everybody: Shakespeare and the Making of the Modern City’ by Professor Ewan Fernie, The Shakespeare Institute.
Book your place
- Please report to reception when you arrive at the Shakespeare Institute.
- We encourage all open day visitors to attend the Thursday Seminar. Thursday Seminars are a highlight of the Shakespeare Institute term, with staff, students and visitors gathering in the main lecture hall each week to hear a guest speaker.
- You are welcome to attend more than one course meeting.
- In-between meetings, you are most welcome to bring your own lunch to be eaten in the Shakespeare Institute social areas, or there are many local cafes and restaurants close by if you would prefer to go out.
[Photograph by Sam Allard]